It is important to understand all the fees involved with moving into a residential aged care facility. You may wish to talk to an accountant or a financial advisor who specialises in aged care to receive advice in relation to these costs and your specific situation.
The cost for residing at Harbour Quays Aged Care may vary considerably. Many residents are eligible for Government subsidies to help cover the cost of care and accommodation. The fees incurred for a resident at Harbour Quays Aged Care will include:
Daily Care Fee & Means Tested Care Fee
The Daily Care Fees contribute towards your daily living costs such as meals, linen & laundry, and nursing and care assistance. There are two parts to the Daily Care Fee:
- A Basic Daily Care Fee (set by the Federal Government) which applies to all aged care residents; and
- An additional Means Tested Care Fee for residents who have higher income and asset levels. The Means Tested Care Fee is calculated by the Government based on an assessment of your income and assets. There are annual and lifetime caps on the Means Tested Care Fee and once the cap is reached, you cannot be asked to pay further Means Tested Care Fees.
Premium Service Fee
This is an additional fee payable for the superior levels of comfort and lifestyle and activities offered at Harbour Quays Aged Care as well as the luxury standard of accommodation and superior levels of meals and beverages available at the facility.
You will pay an Accommodation Payment if your assets exceed an amount set by the Federal Government. The accommodation payment must be agreed with Harbour Quays Aged Care prior to entry and is a payment towards the cost of your accommodation. It is paid in addition to the Daily Care and Premium Service Fees. The Accommodation Payment amount will depend on the size and the location of the suite within the Harbour Quays Aged Care facility.
Accommodation Payments can be paid by:
- Lump sum or Refundable Accommodation Deposit (RAD);
- Daily Accommodation Payments (DAP) which accrue daily in addition to your Daily Care Fees;
- or a combination of both RAD and DAP.
Please contact us to obtain more detailed information on the fees and charges at Harbour Quays Aged Care. You many also visit the government website www.myagedcare.gov.au or click here for an Accommodation and Key Features Statement which describes the features and suite types available at Harbour Quays.
FIND OUT MORE